Magma de Crater … the most exclusive Canarian wine!
Magma de Crater, made by Bodega Buten S.L. is an oak barrels wine. It is the entire Canarian red wines production flagship. It is a wine of great personality and character with its own soul… deep red with a lot of density and vigor. It’s the most suitable wine for intimate evenings with your partner or to enjoy it in the living room with friends…
- Alcoholic strength: 13,5 % vol.
- Location: D.O. Tacoronte Acentejo.
- Grapes varieties:
- 10% Syrah
- 90% Negramoll
- Harvest date: Whole month of September to middle of October.
- Serving temperature: 16 – 18ºC. Serve in a decanter.
- Food matching: This is a living room wine, it is not particularly suited to accompany lunch or dinner.
- Tasting notes: Wine of great personality and character with its own soul … deep red with a lot of density and vigor. The Magma de Crater nose is perceived as if it were molten rock; a great aromatic strength accentuated by very ripe black fruits, an aroma of spices and the seal of its origin: minerality. Very subtly rounded by the oak barrels wood, it features hints of eucalyptus and licorice and a finish of violets. To complete its journey, this wine needs further refinement in bottles for a long time. You can feel all of its body and great taste in the mouth. Its sweet tannins are a tempting note and so is the wood finish that marks a bitterness which is as suave as it is elegant. We recommend serving the wine into a decanter so that it can breathe and express all its breadth. Preserved optimally, it will keep its shape and will mature in the bottle.
- Barrels kind: French oak barrels
- Barrels aging: 7 months
- Bottles aging: 30 months
Magma de Crater comes from vineyards located at 400 mt. above sea level. It is produced by manual harvesting, in 18 kg boxes, during the second fortnight of September and the first fortnight of October.
Destemming and maceration are performed in the cellar, at a temperature of 18º C, for 15 days. During the next 22 days the must is subject to alcoholic fermentation, at a temperature of 20ºC.