San Gonzalo Tinto Tradicional, Canary Islands premium quality wine
- Alcoholic strength: 12,5 % vol.
- Location: P.D.O. Islas Canarias.
- Grapes varieties:
- 100 % Listán Negro
- Harvest date: Whole month of September to middle of October.
- Serving temperature: 16 ºC.
- Food matching: Perfect with main meat dishes, traditional cheeses and first dishes of all kinds.
- Tasting notes: Clear and radiant, purple color wine, with medium intensity violet hues. Red fruits and flowers aromas immediately stand out in the mouth. This wine is balanced and tasty, moderately tannic, ample and straightforward. It leaves a long and persistent fruity aftertaste.
Medium to high intensity nose, it’s dominated by complex aromas of red fruit, hints of green pepper together with a minerality typical of an autochthonous variety. San Gonzalo Tinto Tradicional is a young wine that should be consumed in the short to medium term, aging won’t enhance its quality.
Analytical data sheet:
- Residual sugars: 0,4 gr/l
- Total acidity: 4,18 gr/l
- pH: 3,42
- Volatile acidity: 0,42 gr/l
- Total amount of sulfur: 76 mg/l
Production method: Once all the grapes have been de-stemmed, they are incubated in self-emptying stainless steel tanks. The 27 degrees maceration continues for 6 or 7 days, with continued daily pumping overs to achieve the best color and aromas. After racking and cleaning, the wine is left to rest in stainless steel tanks pending the last treatments. Once stabilized against tartaric precipitation, wine is cold bottled after decanting and filtration.